He is not here;
He is risen, just as he said.
The angel made it clear: He called it and He did it. The body was not stolen or moved. He is no longer dead. He is alive!
We serve a risen Savior!
Friday’s death brought mourning, but Sunday’s resurrection is part of the “mystery of Christ” referred to by Paul:
- Incarnation: God became man
- Substitution: God paid our bill
- Salvation: We trade up – -our junk for His glory
- Resurrection: He is alive!
The words of Matthew 28:6 prompted Alfred Henry Ackley to pen these worshipful lyrics:
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.
The reality that He lives changes everything.
- Christianity is not just a club of happy smilers encouraging each other to play nice.
- Christianity is not just about changing behavior to be a good person today.
- Christianity is not just about being the best you can be.
It’s about truth. Life. Eternity.
We may indeed play nice, change our behavior, and transform into a better person – but it’s all the result of a heart change from the inside out. It’s not a manufactured, buckle-down-and-do-it outer change. It’s an overflow. It’s a natural by-product of a transformed heart. And it all happens because He is risen!
- Because He is risen, the tables are turned. Death is not the end. Death does not win.
- Because He is risen, Friday’s dirge becomes Sunday’s party.
- Because He is risen, I have confident assurance for eternity.
- Because He is risen, I choose Him. I live for Him. I am His.
Why serve a dead god when you can serve a risen Savior?
Because He is risen, I celebrate Him. Forget 1999 – let’s party like it’s Easter morning.
He has risen indeed!
Photo attribution: http://static.kidspot.com.au/cm_assets/73309/istock_000056892658_medium-20160114154603.jpg~q75,dx720y432u1r1gg,c–.jpg